TENNIS TEAM TRIES FOR SEVENTH STRAIGHT WIN

Faces Amherst on Divinity Courts at 2.30 O'clock--Freshmen Meet Seconds on Jarvis Field

The undefeated Harvard tennis team will attempt to keep its slate clean this afternoon when its meets Amherst on the Divinity Courts at 2.30 o'clock. At the same time the seconds encounter the Freshmen on Jarvis Field.

Yale, with one of the strongest teams in Blue tennis history, defeated Amherst last Wednesday, by $ to 1. Hays, however, No. 1 man for the Purple, is one of the outstanding players in the East, and should give Captain B.H. Whitbeck '29 a hard battle, while captain Richardson is hardly less able than his brilliant teammate.

The Harvard line-up will be the same as that which faced Columbia last Saturday, with Whitbeck No. 1. Lugraham No. 2. Ward No. 3. Breese No. 4. Ware No. 5. Tower No. 6. and Trask entered in the doubles. Coach Cowles will not announce his doubles combinations until after the singles matches have been played.

This afternoon's match will be the first for the University second team, while the Freshmen have played twice, beating M.I.T. and Milton.