UNIVERSITY NINE ENTERS CRUSADER TILT AS UNDERDOG

Harvard Ace to Enter Lists in Attempt to Stem Holy Cross Bats--Hebert or Dobens Probable Opponent

Holy Cross, long the arch-rival of Crimson nines, will do battle with the University baseball team on Fitton Field, Worcester, this afternoon, in what promises to be one of the season's hardest encounters. Last year Coach Barry's charges captured both contests of, the two-game series, and should make a strong bid to make it three straight today.

Nekola Pitched Holiday Tilt

The southpaw Nekola will not pitch today after his feat of Thursday, when he shut out Boston College and held that team to a lone safety. Dobens, however, who twirled the Crusaders last year to victory over Harvard, may start, and will almost certainly see action if the Crimson bats get going. Coach Barry indicated last night that he might start Hebert, who held the Quantico Marines to three scattered singles, or the portsided Sims. In case the latter is called upon for mound duty, B. H. Ticknor '31 will play the center garden, but if a right hander pitches, E. R. Todd '29 will get the assignment.

Mitchell Will Use Full Strength

Coach Mitchell will send Howard Whitmore '29, the dean of Harvard pitchers, to face the Crusader sluggers. Whitmore has never before pitched a Holy Cross game, but it seems probable that he will get the mound call again next Saturday, when the Crusaders come to Soldiers Field for the second and last clash of the series.