DIAMOND COHORTS LEAVE BAILIWICK FOR TUFTS MELEE

Sophomore, With Good Support, Should Snag Victory--Gilligan, Ticknor, Donaghy Will Bat Cleanup

The Harvard baseball horde journeys to Medford today in an attempt to win from the Tufts forces its third straight game of the series. Tufts has had an edge on the Crimson cohorts for the past ten years, having dropped only three tilts since 1920.

Two Sophomores will be the mound opponents this afternoon. W. H. MacHale '31 will ascend the Crimson hillock, and should have little trouble in stemming the local bats. Adams, of Tufts, is also a sophomore, and stands in the front line of Eastern college pitchers. He has been the mainstay of the team's twirling staff all year, and has turned in several creditable performances, the most notable being a two-hit game against Northeastern early in the season.

Harvard Lineup Uncertain

Coach Mitchell, mentor of the University forces, will start practically the same lineup that hammered out 18 runs against the Alumni outfit Thursday. It is still questionable whether T. W. Gilligan '31 or G. E. Donaghy '29 will bat in third place. The big outfielder's recent batting spurt should give him the preference for the post.

J. D. Dudley '31 will again do the backstop work, while B. H. Ticknor '31, most consistent extra-base slugger on the team, will be in the cleanup position. B. H. Bassett '31, diminutive outergardener, will be the sixth sophomore in today's starting lineup.

Locals Batting Strength in Infield

Most of the batting strength of the home team is in the infield. Fitzgerald who covers the initial bag, and Phillips, keystone sacker, lead the Tufts offensive, while Ellis is among the best leadoff men in college baseball. Arlenson, the local catcher, is reputed to have a good arm, and pilfered hassocks should be a rarity this afternoon. The outfield of the home team is more or less of an unknown quantity.

Tufts Lost to Yale

Tufts has numbered Lafayette and Bowdoin among its victims. It defeated Boston University 13 to 7, and has won from Bates and Wesleyan. Its only notable defeat has been at the hands of the Blue team, which won 11 to 2, pounding Adams out of the box with six runs in the third.