Rogers Reiterates

It is interesting that the two persons quoted in the Monday morning papers who seemed to agree with me, were both college officials. They knew what I was talking about. One of the them addition, a college president, sensed the use I was making of the word snob, that is, the word as ignorantly applied by people without manners, brains, or ambition to almost anybody who is not ashamed of possessing them or using them properly.

Both the politician and the clergy, man missed the mark completely. To say that any encouragement of college men as a class to become a self-conscious group bent on leadership will result in the curtailment of legal or economic rights now enjoyed by the majority is mere demagoguery. To say that class leadership is wrong is nonsense. Already our social system is a resultant of classes clashing as classes. Banking as a class, labor as a class, politicians as a class, lawyers as a class, all are bent on control. Why not make an attempt to wake up the inter and irresponsible class of college men, try to make them a bit self-conscious, proud of what differentiates them from the crowd, proud to make use of than power, the power of breeding, brains, training, opportunities. Professor Rogers, cited by Associated Press.