CANDIDATES FOR CRIMSON GATHER

Editorial Competition Open Only to Junior Class--Thorough Training for Newspaper Work Offered

The first fall competitions in all four departments of the CRIMSON will open at 7.30 o'clock tomorrow evening in the President's Office of the CRIMSON building, 14 Plympton Street.

The class of 1932 will have the opportunity to compete for the News, Photographic, and Business departments in the most interesting competition of the year. The only remaining chance for men in this class to make these boards is a competition which takes them through the Mid-Year Examination period.

During the first week of the News competition the work will be light, an effort being made to introduce the new men to the fundamentals of news writing and reporting. Permanent assignments of sports, other activities, and departments of the University will be given to each candidate to cover, for which he alone is responsible. The remainder of the news gathering is done entirely on individual initiative.

Business Work Many-Sided

Business candidates soliciting advertisements work under the same system of assignments as the news candidates. Their work is extensive and practical, and offers opportunity to become acquainted with every type of business man.

The editorial candidates have daily training in writing editorials on any interesting current topic, and of expressing their own ideas on the subject. This competition is open to Juniors only, and this is the final opportunity for Juniors to make the CRIMSON.

Attendance at the meeting tonight puts no student under obligation to enter a competition.