UNDERGRADUATE AND COUNCIL

The early publication of figures compiled by the Student Council Committee on the Budget marks the inauguration of a policy that has heretofore been largely overlooked either through carelessness or through failure to appreciate a responsibility toward the large body of undergraduates in whose interests such services are performed. The average student who wearily wends his way through lines of registration desks, CRIMSON and Lampoon agents, laundry or pressing solicitors, is prone to overlook the full significance of the cash contribution or pledge filled out in impatient anticipation of escaping the toils of enrolment.

It is the same student, who burdened in former days with the incessant demands of solicitors, however worthy their cause, brought before the Student Council his desperate case. Today, the machinery of the Budget Committee reveals itself as an elastic medium whereby the student body is relieved of its petty responsibilities and theoretically, at least, is assured of efficient capable management of its charities.

With this trust, lies the responsibility of which the present action of the Budget Committee, is significant, namely, the frequent publication of figures, the full release of information regarding all those activities in which the Council as the agent of the undergraduate is participating. A more intimate knowledge on the part of the undergraduate in the work of the Council would react to the mutual advantage of both parties.