"BEST PROGRESS IS IN EQUILIBRIUM OF VIEWS"

Karapetoff Finds Disagreement Best Way to Reach Solution--Is Nationally Known Free-Thinker and Socialist

"The best progress is in dynamic equilibrium of various views and for that reason, instead of agreeing with a certain party, I always try to find a third solution," declared Professor Vladimir Karapetoff in a recent interview.

Professor Karapetoff visited Harvard a few days ago and gave a talk on "Engineering." He is nationally known as a free-thinker and Socialist. His views on life are unusual and he further expressed himself by saying, "Polygamy is not naturally unlawful. Nature meets her ends in this way and does it more skillfully than we do in our way. We have cannibalism in nature, and this brings up the subject of 'Thou shalt nots', which rule cannibalism unconventional. However, if we had no conventions at all, within a few generations a new set of rules would be formed, and these would be the same as the laws of nature, as we see them work every day.

"Nature works on the principle of dynamic equilibrium. Plants and animals eat each other, but still it is an admirable method. I admire the English parliamentary system because it exists on an adjustment of political parties, a sort of equilibrium. In this country we are either supposed to be either for a certain measure or against it. Take the prohibition question for example. The most important phase of the whole thing is the uniting together of views, but still difference of opinion is important, as it brings out the best points of each argument. What I am saying may seem to be very indefinite to some people. But I believe in being indefinite; I believe in illusions."