TRADITION BROKEN AS 1934 GIVES TEA DANCE

DORMITORY COMMITTEE SPONSORS FIRST AFFAIR OF ITS KIND

Inspired by the success of the teas held in Lowell House after the past two major football games, the Smith Halls dormitory committee has gone a step farther and is breaking all tradition by arranging for a tea dance to be held in the Smith Halls common room immediately after the Michigan game on November 8.

Although this hall has always been used for dancing at the annual Freshman Jubilee in the spring, there has never been any other dance held in this or in any of the other Freshman halls during the college year, according to Matthew Luce, Regent.

The dance will be limited by the size of the hall to 150 persons, with no undergraduate outside of the class of 1934 admitted. Since the dance is under the management of the Smith Halls committee, residents of those halls will be admitted at a rate less than the $1.50 which is being charged for residents of the other Freshman dormitories. Roy Lamson's orchestra has already been secured, and dancing will be in order from 4.30 until shortly after 7 o'clock.

The following Freshmen will serve as ushers at the affair: Carter Welles, Harold Burlingham, F. S. Leutner, George Shaw, A. F. Hartwell, P. B. Pratt, B. K. Thorogood, T. D. Spencer, John Little, George Caturani, S. G. Davenport, and Henry Ehrlich.

The patroness list as tentatively drawn up includes Mrs. A. E. Whitney, Mrs. C. Leslie Glenn, Mrs. T. H. Hinchman, Mrs. Ruth Smith, and Mrs. Cleveland Floyd.