FRESHMAN ENGLISH AGAIN IS CHANGED IN ROUTINE

Sections and Conferences Being Used for 1934--June. College Boards Were Unusually Difficult

For the second time in three years required English A has undergone sweeping changes. In place of three sections a week, employed last year. English A men are now attending one section a week and a conference every other week. The omission of the sections will be made up for by larger assignments in outside reading.

These changes and the addition of nine new instructors were made known at Warren House. The instructors filling last year's vacancies are Robeson Bailey '29, Francis Bowman of New York University, S. H. Butterfield '29. Dean W. H. Cary '21, H. F. Folland '29, Dudley Poore '17, Leonard Stevens '30 and Dr. K. C. R. White '18.

That this year's College Board in English was particularly difficult is indicated by the fact that there are 100 more Freshmen taking English A this year than last. The College Entrance Board, in view of the large number of failures in this examination, advised the boards of admission of various colleges to lower the passing mark to 49. The Harvard passing mark in the comprehensive examination, however, is said to have been 50.