HIND, NORTON LECTURER, NAMES TALK SUBJECTS

EXHIBITION OF REMBRANDT NOW HELD IN FOGG MUSEUM

Professor Arthur Mayger Hind, Assistant Keeper of the Department of Prints and Drawings at the British Museum and fourth incumbent of the Charles Eliot Norton Professorship of Poetry at Harvard, yesterday announced his lectures for the coming year.

Professor Hind will deliver eight Norton lectures as well as a group of subsidiary ones to be announced later in the large lecture room of Fogg Art Museum. The Norton lectures will be entirely on the works of Rembrandt, and will include a study of his school and the history of his works. Four lectures will be given in the first half year, and four during the second.

Following are the subjects for the lectures, which commence at 8 o'clock: November 12, Introductory; November 19. Rembrandt's School; December 3 and 10, Histories; February 4 and 11, Portraits of Rembrandt; February 18, Landscapes; February 25, Conclusion.

The Norton Professorship of Poetry was founded at Harvard as the gift of C. C. Stillman '98. Established to enable the University to call every year for men of international respect, distinguished in their various fields to lecture on verse, music, or fine arts including architecture, the professorship so far has been held exclusively by Englishmen.

In connection with these lectures, an exhibition of etchings by Rembrandt is now being held in the Fogg Art Museum.