REMOVABLE SEATS, STAGE PLANNED FOR ROGERS BUILDING

Lovejoy and Segal Design Features for Remodelling Interior--Lamont, Ames, and Mrs. Meyer Contribute

A fund of $5700 to be used in the construction of a demountable stage and auditorium in the Rogers Building is being raised in order to facilitate the work of the Cambridge School of the Drama during the controversy between the Naval Science Department of the University and the Cambridge School of the Drama.

Contributions have already been made by Winthrop Ames '95, Thomas Lamont '92, and Mrs. Eugene Meyer; work on the project will begin as soon as more funds are available. A. R. Lovejoy, director of the School of the Drama, and A. P. Segal have drawn plans for a curtainless fore stage and removable seating sections which can be taken out of the main hall when it is necessary for the Naval Science Students to utilize the building for purposes of drill. Aside from the construction in the main hall the remaining space in the building will be remodeled with permanent conveniences especially designed for the use of the experimental department of the School of the Drama. Lighting facilities and control rooms will be incorporated in an arrangement of rooms for directors designers, and administrative officials.

This new development is to be a temporary means of assisting the experiments of the School of the Drama pending a settlement of the question of the use of the Rogers Building, a problem which has confronted officials both of the Naval Science Department and of the Cambridge School of the Drama for many months.