BLAKE ART EXHIBIT AT FOGG TO BE CONTINUED

AMY LOWELL COLLECTION LENT BY WIDENER

The exhibition at the Fogg Museum of Art of the works of William Blake, late eighteenth century artist, which was scheduled to be discontinued next Sunday, has been extended until December 15, it was announced yesterday by H. S. Francis '24, of the Museum staff.

Several important additions have been made to the exhibition since it was first put out. A series of water colors and prints which were loaned by Wellesley College, Philip Hofer '21, Lessing Rosenwald, Mrs. Roger Warner, and Owen D. Young are among the later exhibits. According to officials at the museum, this show is one of the most important of the museum.

Works by Blake have been lent by Paul Hyde Bonner '12, The Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Mrs. William Emerson, G. C. Smith Jr. '15, Widener Library (The Amy Lowell Collection), and the library of J. P. Morgan '89. The show is arranged so as to represent the artist in his varied achievements, and enable the spectator to compare different works on the same subject. Blake made his own etchings and printed them, but he and Mrs. Blake water colored them by hand, with the result that the same print is often found in different coloring schemes. A greater part of the artist's works are on Biblical subjects. A note-worthy example is a water color owned by the Fogg Museum entitled "The Angel Binds the Dragon."

Among the works of Blake that are part of the Amy Lowell collection is a copy of Young's Night Thoughts, both colored and uncolored. These have been reproduced by the Harvard University Press and a bound copy of the two prints and other reproductions is on exhibition. The Lowell Collection also includes a bound manuscript containing the Book of Thel and Visions of the Daughters of Albion.