LECTURER WILL DISCUSS POPULAR AERONAUTICS

R. L. O'Brien to Speak Eight Times in Harvard Hall--First Meeting to be Held Thursday

A course in popular Aviation, offered by the Extension Department of Massachusetts University, will be given in Harvard Hall starting next Thursday. The course is made up of eight lectures given by R. L. O'Brien, supervisor of Aviation of the Massachusetts Department of Public Works.

Arranged particularly for amateurs, the course has to do with the recent accomplishments in the field of Aviation and the expansion of commercial sir transport. This development in the science of Aviation has brought an extra-ordinary demand for such instruction in popular aeronautics as may be needed by anyone who does not intend to specialize in this profession.

The following subjects, which are to be explained without the use of technical language, will be discussed. "The Theory of the Flight of an Airplane". "Methods Used to Obtain Stability of Control". "Construction of an Airplane". "Types of Airplanes". "Operation of the Engine", and "A Procedure to be Followed in the Take-off. Flying and Landing of an Airplane."

Harvard College students may attend the first meeting of the course without charge. The fee for the remainder of the course is $4.