Lowell House Menu Cards Soon to be Decorated With Proper Coat of Arms--Suitable Sentiment for 'Tutors Stone' Sought

Following the general trend, Lowell House has recently been decorated with four ornamental shields, two, representing the coat of arms of the Lowell family, on either side of the central gateway, two Harvard shields on the two extremities of the building which face Gore Hall.

The head tutor has nonchalantly spoken of the former as: "Sable, three blunted darts, one in pale and two in saltire, held in a hand couped at the wrist, all in argent. Crest, a stag's head caboosed, or with a pheon azure between the attires. Motto, Occasionem Cogosce."

Mr. Hammond referred somewhat pointedly to the fact that Lowell House did not have to pay the College of Heraldry some 40 pounds to establish a false 'scutcheon, and ensure its use forever. Lowell House is therefore using its bona fide arms to great purpose; they will soon decorate the menu cards in the dining hall, as well as other available points about the two quadrangles.

It is rumored that the plain stone which is just above "Tutor's Arch" will shortly be graven with some appropriate sentiment, but that those responsible are in difficulties as to a wise choice.