AVERARDI TO LECTURE ON ITALIAN LITERATURE

WILL DISCUSS MAINLY WORK OF LUIGI PIRANDELLO

Tonight at 8 o'clock Professor Franco Bruno Averardi, Ph.D., Litt.D., LL.D., University of Turin will lecture in Room D of Emerson Hall on "Contemporary Literature in Italy." The lecture, which will be given in English, is under the auspices of the Department of Romance Languages and Literature and the Cambridge School of the Drama. It will be open to the public.

Averardi, son-in-law of Signore Orlando, former premier of Italy, has taken active part in international relations at the Genoa Conference, the Naval Conference in Washington, D. C., and in the League of Nations Conferences.

For several years Averardi was an Assistant Professor of German Literature at the University of Florence, and during this time he translated the work of the Italian scholar of art. Adolofo Venturi, into German. He is also thoroughly familiar with English, and has translated various Elizabethan dramatists into Italian.

In his lecture on "Contemporary Literature in Italy." Averardi intends to deal particularly with the brilliant Italian dramatist. Luigi Pirandello, whose play, "Six Characters in Search of an Author" was very popular several years ago and who has several plays scheduled for the current theatrical season in New York.