UNION PRESENTS LIST OF MANY ENTERTAINMENTS

TICKETS FOR COPELAND READING WILL BE LIMITED

Two lectures, Professor Copeland's annual reading, two radio broadcasts of football games and several other events of varied character are announced on the list of entertainments which the Union has arranged for its members in the fortnight remaining before the Christmas vacation.

This afternoon at 5 o'clock the radio report of the Notre Dame-Southern California football game will be received in the Living Room of the Union. These broadcasts have been well attended in the past, attracting about 50 students every time.

Tomorrow evening Kirsopp Lake, Winn Professor of Ecclesiastical History and R. P. Blake, associate professor of History, will give a joint lecture on their archeological work in the Near East. Their talk will start at 8 o'clock in the faculty room on the second floor.

Captain Bruce Bairnsfather, the author of "The Better Ole" and an official cartoonist in the World War, will speak at the Union on Tuesday evening, December 9, at 8 o'clock. His lecture will be illustrated with slides which he has shown in his lectures all over the United States. At the close of the evening, he will draw a large-sized picture.

On Friday, December 12, the Boston Y. M. C. A. and the Harvard chess team will play their match at the Harvard Union.

The Army-Navy game radio reports may be heard at the Union at 3 o'clock on Saturday, December 13.

Charles Townsend Copeland '82, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory, will give his annual Christmas reading at the Union on Tuesday, December 16, at 8.30 o'clock in the Main Dining Hall. No late-comers will be allowed to enter the room. Due to the excessively large number who usually attend Professor Copeland's readings, the attendance will be limited to the capacity of the Dining Room. Tickets will be given at the news stand beginning a week before the reading. Professor Copeland has not yet announced the titles of his reading.