GODKIN LECTURER STATES FACTS OF GENEVA SCHOOL

ZIMMERN WILL FINISH SERIES OF LECTURES TOMORROW

Entering this summer upon its seventh session, the Geneva School of International Studies, Geneva, Switzerland has achieved a world-wide reputation. Professor Alfred Zimmern, who has been giving the series of Godkin lectures, the last of which takes place tomorrow at 4 o'clock, is the director of the institution.

In a recent interview, Professor Zimmern stated the purpose of the school as follows: "It is not a post-graduate school for research in international affairs, not primarily a fact-finding institution. It is a school where students in the later stages of their academic course are brought together from many countries to meet one another and a distinguished and equally international group of university teachers. It is a place for students to meet, to hear diverse view-points, to discuss them, and to grow to understand them. It provides a vivid opportunity for the close and comparative study of national cultures and of all the psychological differences which have hitherto acted as barriers to international cooperation."

In order to achieve this end, the course of eight weeks, from July to September, is divided into eight fields, one occupying each week. These are: geography, history, economics, law, sociology, philosophy and psychology, literature and art, and finally politics.