FORENSIC ASPIRANTS TO HAVE NEW TRIALS TODAY
ACTIVE SEASON SCHEDULED FOR CRIMSON DEBATERS
Trials for places on the Harvard Debating teams' during the second half year will be held in Paine Music Hall from 2 to 5 o'clock this afternoon and Thursday afternoon.
All upper classmen in good standing are eligible to compete. Candidates should come prepared to speak for four minutes upon either side of one of the following propositions:
1. American civilization is on the decline.
2. Killings by prohibition enforcement agents are deplorable.
3. The disintegrating tendency in Universities is favorable to education.
4. American dollar diplomacy is a menace to world peace.
5. Disarmament conferences are ineffectual as an aid to peace.
6. An English speaking alliance is the most effective instrument for world peace.
7. Federal government should have higher standards for labor and social conditions in the South.
8. Four years in college are four years wasted.
9. The talking movie is a foe to culture.
The men who survive these trials will be allowed to compete for places on the teams which will debate with Yale and Princeton. The Coolidge Prizes are annually awarded to the winners of these two debates, and members of the teams debating against these colleges are usually elected to Delta Sigma Phi, national honorary debating, fraternity.
Other debates are scheduled with Columbia, Dartmouth, Amherst. Holy Cross, North Carolina, and an All-Cali-fornia team. During the spring recess there will be two western trips, one team going as far west as Omaha.