FOURTEEN ENTERED IN PENN CARNIVAL

Vonckx Only Crimson Entry Who Will be in Hammer Throw--Penn Strong in Four-Mile

Harvard will enter four relay teams and two individual track stars in the annual Penn Relay Carnival to be held in Philadelphia on April 24, it was announced yesterday.

Coach Farrell has named P. N. Vonckx 31 to compete in the hammer throw and W. C. Rowe '31 in the broad jump. Vonckx pulled a surprise in the indoor competition this season by winning the weight throw in the H-D-C triangular meet, and Rowe has performed consistently well all season in his event.

Four Relays

One-mile, two-mile, four-mile, and distance-medley relay teams will also be entered by Harvard. For the first time in 16 years the Penn four-mile relay team rules favorite to win the event at this annual carnival, a prophecy that should put the Harvard runners on their mettle to upset the dope. Besides the relay team, Lawson Robertson, coach of the Pennsylvania team is bringing to the meet the greatest collection of milers he has had since taking up the coaching reins 15 years ago. In the mile Indiana has a veteran combination, but Cobb and Hallowell should prove dangerous. Butler College, from Indianapolis. New York University, and Michigan State all have extremely fast milers.

Coach Farrell's squad returned in good shape from the vacation training trip with the exception of J. W. Potter '30, weight man, who was knocked down and broke two teeth during the rough voyage from Boston to Norfolk.

The relay entries follow:

One-mile team: F. E. Cummings '30, V. L. Hennessy '30, G. G. Kirstein '32, Vernon Munroe '31, E. E. Record '32, and W. C. Rowe '31. Two-mile team: David Cobb '31, B. E. Estes '32, J. W. Fobes '32, N. P. Hallowell '32, J. H. Pearson '31, Rowe. Four-mile team: R. C. Aldrich '31, G. N. Barrie '32, Cobb, Estes, Fobes, Hallowell. Distance medley relay team Barrie, Cobb, Estes, Fobes, Hallowell, Rowe.