MODERN GERMAN ART IS SUBJECT OF EXHIBITION

Contemporary Art Society Offers its Second Show in New Regime--Some Famous Athletes Pictured

An exhibition of German art representative of the entire modern movement in painting and sculpture is to be held at the Harvard Society of Contemporary Art beginning tomorrow, it was announced yesterday. The works of art, many of which have been loaned by the Detroit Museum, include examples of the most advanced schools of various movements, and will be on exhibit until May 10.

The sculpture to be shown includes outstanding figures of the boxers Schmelling and Dempsey, as well as the famous marathon runner, Paavo Nurmi. Among the noted painters whose works will be shown are: Max Beekman, Carl Hofer, Max Kaus, and Otto Muelier; the outstanding sculptor of this exhibit is Wilhelm Lehmbruck.

Recently the Society completed its fiscal year of exhibitions, and the coming German display is the second in the new year. At present the Society is hampered by a lack of funds, so much so in fact that it is doubtful whether or not the work will be carried on another year. The directors are now seeking contributions that will enable the officers to continue the exhibitions of contemporary painting, sculpture and decorative arts.