HARVARD TENNIS TEAM DEFEATS LIONS, 6 TO 3

Wins Sixth Consecutive Victory of Current Season--Plays Penn in the Quaker City Today

New York, April 25--The Harvard tennis team won its sixth consecutive victory of the current season this afternoon when it defeated Columbia, here, 6 to 3.

The Crimson team won four of the six singles matches, and both of the doubles matches that were played. In the third doubles, R. L. Tower and A. W. Paterson defaulted to the Columbia team to save strength for the match with Pennsylvania tomorrow. In the first singles match, M. T. Hill, Crimson star, defeated David Jones, 6-3, 6-3, by his good volleying.

The summary:

Singles--Hill defeated Jones (C), 6-3, 6-3; W: L. Breese defeated Roe (C), 6-1 6-1; Stone (C) defeated Tower, 4-6 6-3, 6-1; D. M. Frame defeated Scheshunoff (C), 6-3, 6-2; K. B. Daggett defeated Tschorn (C), 6-2, 6-4; Mount (C) defeated A. W. Patterson, 8-6, 2-6, 6-2.

Doubles-Hill and Daggett defeated Jones and Stone (C), 6-4, 6-4; Breese and Frame defeated Roe and Tachorn (C), 6-2, 6-2; Mount and Scheshunoff (C) won from Tower and Patterson by default.