BATCHELDER OUT WITH BROKEN RIGHT WRIST

COACH MITCHELL REVAMPS TEAM IN PRACTICE

S. L. Batchelder '31, catcher on the University baseball team, will be out of the game for at least a month with a broken right wrist suffered in the Pennsylvania game last Saturday, it was learned yesterday. The injury of the star backstop occurred, as far as it is known, in the third inning of the Quaker fray, and was not known until yesterday.

The loss of the regular receiver leaves Coach Mitchell with two of his most dependable ball players on the bench. E. A. Mays '32, who sprained his ankle in the same inning, will not be back at his regular post on second base for three weeks. E. H. McGrath '31, who suffered a painful spike injury in the game, did not attend practice yesterday, but all reports indicate that he will be on hand for the Bates battle tomorrow.

Mitchell Experiments

Reginald Fincke '32, who took over the receiving job when Batchelder was first benched with a finger injury in the Colby fray, will undoubtedly assume the catching role for the coming games. Yesterday, in the absence of McGrath, Coach Mitchell sent W. B. Wood, Jr. '32, to short, Captain F. E. Nugent '30 took over the duties of the second sack where he played for two previous years, and G. P. Donaldson '31 worked at first in Wood's regular position. If McGrath goes to short on his return to the fold. A. J. Lupien '32 will probably chase out to left field where he saw action as a substitute on Saturday.

There is a possibility that Wood will be given the shortstop post and McGrath will take the initial sack. If Ticknor is also called from the outfield to mount the mound. E. B. Samborski '31 will see action in the field Lupien may then play at either left or center field.