UNIVERSITY GOLF TEAM PLAYS MATCH WITH B. U.

Crimson Has Won Every Start so Far This Season--Meets Holy Cross Team Tomorrow

The University golf team will oppose the Boston University team this afternoon at Albemarle.

A four man team will be used, including Captain Phillips Finlay '31, J. B. Baldwin Jr. '31, C. S. Eaton '32, and L. D. Wood '31. One point will be counted for each of the individual matches, and one more point each will be scored for the two foursomes, making a total of six to be competed for.

The Harvard golfers have had unbroken success in the three matches played to date. Early in the season they defeated Syracuse, 5 1-2 to 1-2; then Wesleyan was outplayed, 9 to 0; and Wednesday afternoon the team whitewashed Amherst, 6 to 0. In this match the first foursome played an unusually close match, Finlay defeating Halligan of Amherst on the nineteenth hole and Baldwin winning, one up. Several low scores were turned in during the play. Although he was defeated in the match, Halligan made the lowest card, scoring a 73 over the course. He was closely followed by Eaton, with a 74; then Finlay had a 75. In the second foursome, Eaton and Wood had little difficulty in winning, 8 and 6.

Tomorrow afternoon a six-man team will oppose Holy Cross.