CHOATE NEWS IS VICTOR IN FIFTH CRIMSON CONTEST

Cup Will be Presented to Choate News Editor at Crimson Dinner--Papers From 17 Schools Entered Contest

The Choate News, undergraduate weekly published by the students of Choate School Wallingford, Connecticut has been awarded the CRIMSON Cup for general excellency during the past year. The award was established by the Senior Editors of the CRIMSON from the Class of 1926; it was won three successive years by the Choate News and by the Hotchkiss Record last year.

The cup will be presented to the editor of the News at the Fifty-seventh Annual CRIMSON Dinner which is to be held on Saturday. A committee composed of R. S. Morison '30, formerly president of the CRIMSON, P. M. Sweezy '31, the present president, and E. L. Belisle '31, managing editor, examined three successive issues of papers submitted by 17 preparatory schools. The Mercersburg News, published by the students of Mercersburg Academy in Pennsylvania, the Hotchkiss Record, and the Exonian, from Exeter Academy; were given honorable mention.

General High Standards

The winner of the competition surpassed its competitors in almost every division of the paper. The editorial columns of the Exonian were considered to be of especial merit, while the news columns of the Hotchkiss Record were among the very best in the field. The Mercersburg News, working with a smaller circulation than some of the other papers, impressed the committee because of its general high standards in both news and editorial departments. The photographic and advertising divisions of the papers were largely over-looked because of the varying conditions and sizes.

Other participants in the competition who were deemed worthy of special notice were the Taft Papyrus, the Phillippian of Andover, the Hill School News, and the Blair Breeze.