UNIVERSITY GOLFERS WIN MATCH FROM FRESHMEN

Win by Score of 8 1-2 to 1 1-2 in Match on Belmont Course--Both Teams Play Away Tomorrow

The University golf team defeated the 1933 golfers, 8 1-2 to 1 1-2, yesterday afternoon in an informal match at the Belmont Springs Country Club.

No unusual scores were turned in during the play; Captain Phillips Finlay '31 led with a 77. He was followed by R. L. Kimbrough '33, who won the only match for the Freshmen, defeating C. S. Eaton '32, 1 up. The other 1-2 point gained by the first year team was as a result of the match in which C. L. Stover '30 and M. A. Heath '33 tied; they did not play off the match in extra holes.

Tomorrow afternoon both teams will journey to the Rhode Island Country Club, where the University squad will oppose Brown, and the Freshmen will conclude their season against Yale 1933. The first year men have had a fairly successful season, losing, 5 to 4 to Andover, tieing with Dartmouth, 3 to 3, and winning from Bryant and Stratton 9 to 0.

The summary:

Individual matches Phillips Finlay '31 defeated H. V. Bourneuf '33, 7 and 6; C. L. Stover '30 tied with M. A. Heath '33; W. P. Arnold '31 defeated S. G. Sleeper '33, 5 and 4; R. L. Kimbrough '33 defeated C. S. Eaton '32, 1 up; J. B. Haldwin '31 defeated C. C. Glavin '33, 6 and 4; L. D. Wood '30 defeated H. V. Blaxter Jr. '33, 2 and 2; J. G. Frothingham '32, defeated J. A. Delan '33, 2 up.