STICKMEN DEFEATED BY ORANGE IN CLOSE GAME

MEET NEW HAMPSHIRE IN GAME TODAY

The University lacrosse team was defeated by Syracuse yesterday afternoon on the field behind the Business School, 4 to 3. Today at 4 o'clock it will meet New Hampshire in an informal game.

The game yesterday was one of the best that the Harvard team has played this season. It was unusually free of fouls, and very even during the whole contest. Harvard took an early lead, holding an advantage of 2 to 1 for the greater part of the first half. Just before the end of the period, Syracuse scored two goals, and taking a lead from which they were never headed. The closeness of the game was shown by the fact that both teams had 21 shots; Syracuse made 11 stops, while the Crimson made nine.

Harvard was handicapped by the absence of Captain H. M. Hartnett '30 and T. I. Nido '30, both of whom were injured in the game with Navy. For the Crimson, N. N. Cochrane '32 and R. C. Glenn '30 starred on the attack, and G. S. Robinson '31 on the defense. SYRACUSE  HARVARD Gidlow, g.  g., Gulick., Salmon, Hurvich Fivaz, c.pt.  c.pt., Myerson, Boldt Fogarty, pt.  pt., Robinson Obst, 1d.  1d., Henderson, Marshall Brophy, 2d.  2d., Brinckley, Amazeen Reeve, 3d.  3d., Faude, Dunn Tarbor, c.  c., Pope Aikers, 3a.  3a., Cochrane Barton, 2a.  2a., Johnson, Hobbs, Gulick Pierce, Priddle, MacClurg, 1a.  1a., Glenn, Foshay, Davidson Cross, Morris, o.h.  o.h., Murphy, Kuhl, Keck Weich, Reen, i.h.  i.h., Sanders, Kuhl, Keck

Score--Syracuse 4, Harvard 3. Goals--Morris 2, Cross, Reen, Cochrane, Johnson, Glenn. Referee--Taylor, Cornell, Judge of play--Heints.