Who is This King of Glory?

THE PRESS

The editors of the Harvard Lampoon have issued a Tercentenary number which is an example of the danger of permitting adolescent minds to have control of ink and a printing press.

Our feeling in the matter is not one of indignation but of deep pity for the feeble wits responsible for the exhibition of distorted taste. The mayor of Boston is a victim of the immature group that produced the Lampoon. In their childishness they have been cruel. With the conceit of callow youth, the editors have done a thing which they will recall with a sense of shame when, and if, their brains develop to the adult state.

The harm they may have done is offset in some degree in the public mind by the knowledge that it is a case of childishness run riot and that the men guilty of the folly have failed utterly to grasp the spirit of sportsmanship, good fellowship and good taste taught by the university they so completely misrepresent.

We suggest that the printing press be taken from them and they be given lolly-pops and bibs. --Boston Traveler.