AWARD SCHOLARSHIPS TO EIGHT GRADUATES

FOUR FELLOWSHIPS TO SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH

Announcement was made yesterday by authorities at University Hall of the award of three important scholarships and five fellowships for the academic year 1930-31.

Two Langdell Scholarships have been awarded, one to Frank Edward Horack Jr. grL, of Iowa City, Iowa, and a second to John Willis Richards grL, of Madison, Wisconsin. The Langdell Scholarships were established in 1909 by Mrs. C. C. Langdell, in memory of her husband, Professor C. C. Langdell '51, and the awards are made preferably to graduate law students.

Donald P. Jones of Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, who is to enter the Business School next September, has been awarded a Charles Elliott Perkins Scholarship. Four of these scholarships were established in 1909 by Mrs. Charles Elliott Perkins, in memory of her husband. Of the four, one is awarded to a resident of Iowa living in that part of the state now served by the Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy railroad. A second is given to a student in any Iowan high school whatsoever. The last two are for graduates of any Iowan college or university who are now doing work at one of the Harvard Graduate or Professional Schools. Announcement of the awarding of the other three scholarships has not yet been made.

Four fellowships in the School of Public Health have also been voted to members of the school. They have been awarded to the following: Miss Elizabeth P. Sanders, of Baltimore, Maryland; C. E. Brown, of Washington, D. C.; Chih Pan, of Soochow, China; and to W. P. Dearing, of Bremerton, Washington.

Research Fellowship number eight has been bestowed on Friedrich Sieveking, of Germany, who is coming here next year as a graduate student.