FOUR PROMOTIONS ON FACULTY STAFF ANNOUNCED TODAY

Is to Become Associate Professor of Architecture--Redfield is Awarded Professorship of Physiology

B. W. Pond will be the third incumbent of the Charles Eliot Professorship of Landscape Architecture, it was announced yesterday at University Hall. Three other promotions in the Harvard Faculty were also announced.

Professor Pond has been an associate professor of Landscape Architecture since 1928. The chair to which he succeeds was established in 1903 by Mr. and Mrs. Nelson Robinson in memory of their son Nelson Robinson Jr. There have been two incumbents; the last, Professor J. S. Pray, held the chair from 1915 until his death in February, 1929. Pond received his degree of S. B. from Dartmouth in 1907, and the degree of M.L.A. from Harvard in 1911. He was an assistant in Landscape Architecture in 1908-09 and has been teaching uninterruptedly at Harvard from 1914 to the present time, becoming an associate professor of Landscape Architecture in 1928.

Dr. A. C. Redfield '14 becomes professor of Physiology, a promotion from his present position of assistant professor of Physiology. He taught at Harvard from 1912 to 1919. In 1919 he went to the University of Toronto to become an assistant professor of Physiology, returning to Harvard in 1921.

K. J. Conant '15, now assistant professor, becomes in September associate professor of Architecture. He has taught at Harvard since 1920, becoming an assistant professor in 1925.

C. P. Yaglou, instructor in Ventilation and Illumination, becomes in September an assistant professor of Industrial Hygiene. Professor Yaglou received his A.B. from the Greek-French School of Arts and Sciences, and S.B. in Mechanical Engineering from Robert College, Constantinople, in 1919, and the degree of M.M.E. from Cornell University in 1920. He has been an instructor at Harvard since 1925.