THREE ADDITIONS TO FACULTY MADE

Is Now Professor of Education and Psychology at Stanford--Works and Scott From New England

Truman Lee Kelley comes to Harvard in September as Professor of Education, it was announced at Lawrence Hall yesterday. At the same time two men prominent in the field of educational administration were announced to be coming as lecturers for the academic year 1930-31, Dr. George A. Works, President of the Connecticut Agricultural College, and Dr. Zenos E. Scott, Superintendent of Schools in Springfield.

There were announced at the same time two votes of the School Committee of the City of Boston which recognize the advanced character of the Harvard program for the degree of Master of Education as compared with the ordinary one-year scheme of training for the Master's degree.

Stanford Professor

Professor Kelley, who comes to Cambridge next fall, is at present professor of education and psychology at Stanford University. His work has been done in the general field of the statistical and experimental study of educational issues in which he is an outstanding authority. He received his A.B. from the University of Illinois in 1909. During the war he served as psychological expert for the Committee on Classification of Personnel of the U. S. Army. His publications include "Educational Guidance" 1914. "Interpretation of Educational Measurements" 1927, and "Crossroads in the Mind of Man", 1928. His instruction at Harvard will consist of advanced courses in statistical method and a seminary in psychometrics.

Dr. Works, now President of the Connecticut Agricultural College, was for some time Professor of Rural Education at Cornell University, and during his connection with that institution he conducted the Rural School Survey of New York State and the Texas Educational Survey. Dr. Scott, Superintendent of Schools in Springfield, will give a course in Supervision Dr. Works will give a course in the Principles of Educational Administration.