BRINSER CHOSEN AS NAVY GUEST ON R.O.T.C. CRUISE

THREE WEEKS CRUISE TO BE TAKE ON "WYOMING"

Harry Ayers Brinser '31, of Harrisburg, Pennsylvana, has been selected as guest of the Navy Department to go on the Naval Science Department's summer cruise to the Azores, it was announced last night.

The selection of Brinser as the Navy Department's guest on the cruise was made with the general purpose of giving more publicity to the cruise and the R. O. T. C. in general, it having been decided to select a representative of one of the College publications. Brinser is Editorial Chairman of the CRIMSON.

The Naval Science Cruise this year will be taken on the battleship "Wyoming", the flagship of the United States scouting fleet stationed in the Atlantic. This ship will carry members of the Harvard and Northwestern Naval Science units. The cruise leaves Boston on Saturday, June 21, and will take three weeks, returning about July 10. The ship will stop for three days at Fayal, in the island of Horta, in the Azores.

The purpose of the trip is to give the R. O. T. C. members a practical opportunity to see the Navy, and learn the duties of officers. For those taking the cruise, the time will be taken up in various ways. There will be regular periods of study, which will involve the investigation of the several departments of the ship, including those devoted to engineering, gunnery, and navigation. Also, a small amount of time will be spent on the construction and repair department. At Fayal, those on the cruise will have an opportunity for shore leaves.