ART AMONG UNDERGRADUATES

The taste and efficiency with which the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art has managed its exhibitions has drawn the admiration of an increasing number of critics and sympathizers. Organized primarily for students of Harvard and Radcliffe the Society has brought exhibits of modern art to Cambridge which otherwise could not have been seen here. It has been the work of a small group of undergraduates, aided by the Fogg Museum, who have carried out this unique and valuable service to the University.

While the membership is large, it unfortunately has a disproportionately greater number of graduates and outsiders, than undergraduates. The matter will become especially important at the end of this season when the present director will retire, leaving as yet no one to take the place he has so ably filled. Certainly those who have attended the exhibitions would not wish to see the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art discontinued next year. The pioneer work of founding and organizing has been thoroughly executed, and with a little heartier support from the undergraduates, the Society will continue to render its unique services.