BOYS CLUB DOWNS 1934

Freshman Swimmers Lose, 41 to 21 in Second Meet

In its second meet of the season the Freshman swimming team went down to a 41 to 21 defeat at the hands of the Boys Club of Boston in the pool of the Indoor Athletic Building yesterday afternoon. The 1934 swimmers, who downed a strong Exeter team 39 to 27 last Saturday, were able to secure only two first places, two second, and five third places from their older opponents.

The closest race of the afternoon was won by E. P. Parker '34, who nosed out Meany of the Boys Club in the 100-yard free style with a time of one minute flat. Meany was closely followed by George Wightman '34. The first-year swimmers' other first place came in the 100-yard breast stroke event, when A. C. Dearing '34 turned in a time of 1 min., 20 3-5 sec.

Shinney of the Boys Club was clocked at 2 min., 16 sec. in the 200-yard free style; his team-mates Kyles and Nolan won with ease in the back stroke event. The Boston swimmers scored eight points in the dive, with Waters Kellogg '34 supplying the only competition, and eight in the 200-yard relay, at the finish of which O'Brien lead G. L. Jorgensen '34 by five or six yards.

The Summary:

50-yard free style--Won by O'Brien (BC); second, Lowell Dillingham '34; third, Toomey (BC). Time--27 sec.

200-yard free style--Won by Shinney (BC); second, G. L. Jorgensen '34; third, H. M. Howe '34. Time--2 min., 16 sec.

Diving--Won by Larson (BC). 69; second, Nolan (BC), 65.4; third, Wasters Kellogg '34, 63.2.

100-yard back stroke--Won by Kyles (BC); second, Nolan (BC); third. E. E. Stowell '34. Time--1 min., 14 3-5 sec.

100-yard breast stroke--Won by A. C. Dearing '34; second, Hunt (BC); third. C. V. Hubbard '34. Time--1 min., 20 3-5 sec.

100-yard free style--Won by E. P. Parker '34; second, Meany (BC); third, George Wightman '34, Time--1 min.

200-yard relay--Won by Boys Club: Shinney, Toomey, Meany, O'Brien. Freshman:-Wightman, Parker, Dillingham, Jorgensen. Time--1 min., 44 3-5 sec.