EXHIBITION BY PICASSO WILL OPEN NEXT WEEK

Contemporary Art Society Sponsors New Show--German Exhibit Closes This Saturday

A new exhibition, one of a group of 40 drawings by Pabio Picasso, will open in the galleries of the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art on Friday, January 23. The showing, which will also include a number of Picasso's etchings, lithographs, and facsimiles, will last until February 13.

An exhibition of contemporary German art, the work of a communistic group called the Bauhaus, which has been on view in the galleries of the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art for the past month, will be discontinued on Saturday, January 17. A private exhibition of Picasso pictures will precede the public opening, a tea being given to the members of the Society in the gallery, from 4 to 6 o'clock on Thursday, January 22.

The collection has been made up of contributions from private owners, collectors, museums, and dealers, and will include a group of 20 drawings which have been exhibited only twice before in the United States, being the latest to be completed by the artist. Among those who have lent pieces are Professor P. J. Sachs '00. Associate Director of the Fogg Art Museum, J. N. Brown '22, Mrs. John Alden Carpenter, Mr. and Mrs. Edward Richmond, the Arts Club of Chicago, the Wayhe Gallery, Jacques Seligmann and Company, and Wildenstein and Company.