"Harvard is Willing, Even Eager, to Meet Princeton in Any Sport, Including Football, That We Play," Says Bingham

In an interview granted yesterday William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics said that "Harvard is willing, even eager, to meet Princeton in any sport, including football, that we play." This is the first official word regarding the possible resumption of athletic relations between the two colleges that has emanated from either institution since the break.

The remark is significant inasmuch as it follows closely upon the announcement that Harvard and Princeton will meet each other in a regatta, sponsored by M. I. T. on the Chares this spring. It also is an encouraging reply to the editorial comment made by both the CRIMSON and the "Daily Princetonian" to the effect that the inability to come to terms on a football date should not keep the two colleges from meeting in other sports.

The breach between the Crimson and the Tiger is still wide open as far as football is concerned with both sides still holding on to their principles. Princeton wants a November date on the Harvard schedule, forming a rotating schedule with Harvard and Yale, in fact, a revival of the Bit Three. Harvard, on the other hand, does not want to make any long term contracts with any other college except Yale, feeling that the Blue is the one natural rival of the Crimson.

Harvard is willing to give Princeton an October date on her football schedule in 1933, but the old Princeton date is taken up by the Army until 1935. Whether or not Bingham's remark will lead to any immediate resumption of relations in all sports except football remains to be seen. At any rate it is a frank offer to meet Princeton and gives impetus to all the negotiations carried on by the two undergraduate dailies and the Alumni since they began in earnest last Spring.