GOAL BY J. WARE IN LAST PERIOD WINS FOR 1934

WINNING GOAL IS SCORED WITH 7 SECONDS TO PLAY

A hard-fighting Freshman hockey team succeeded in downing Wilbraham Academy 3 to 2 in the Boston Garden yesterday.

The game, which was close until the final whistle, was featured by a scoreless first period in which both teams threatened their opponent's goal, but neither had the ability to score.

After three minutes and 42 seconds of play in the second period, Harris of Wilbraham scored the first goal of the game. Harvard's goal was not threatened again in that period.

With the third period about a quarter over, Copan, left defense for the schoolboys, scored for the second point in the game. This was followed by Harvard's first goal, scored by John Ware, Jr. '34. The Freshmen's greater reserve power proved too much for Wilbraham, and Ware's goal was followed closely by that of R. P. Waters, Jr. '34. Then with the score tied 2 to 2, and seven seconds left to play. Ware again scored, winning the game by a narrow margin.

Score--Harvard 3, Wilbraham Academy 2. Goals--Second period, Harris (3.42): third period, Copan (6.33), J. Ware (7.44), Waters (9.30), J. Ware (14.53) Referees--Gaudeau and Noonan. Time three 15-minute periods. HARVARD  WILBRAHAM Kirkland, J. Ware, l.w.  r.w., Ross, Whittier Field, Gallagher, c.  c., Borbis, Copan Summers, W. Ware, r.w.  l.w., Harris, Chrisolm Choate, Gleason, l.d.  r.d., Parker, Harris Waters, Clapp, r.d.  l.d., Copan, Ross deGive, D. Ware, g.  g., Bumpus