ABOUT FACE

The further light shed on the question of the class insurance plan for raising the twenty fifth anniversary gift fund in the news communication today opens the subject once more. At the present time it would appear that the Permanent Class Committee, although acting under the best of motives, was not fully acquainted with both sides of the question.

The arguments used and the facts presented in the article indicate that the class, although voting blindly, were probably closer the answer than the officers. When the class insurance plan was first proposed, it seemed to be the most logical and universally beneficial of the methods. But after the officers had reversed the class decision, their arguments appeared to unimpeachable that the ordinary student, who is quite innocent of such matters, found no point of disagreement with the new stand.

The latest facts seem to support the original arguments. Probably it is too late to open the question again as far as this year's graduating class is concerned. But it would be well for the coming Seniors to have the main points on each side known before the class is asked to vote on the question. There may be unheard opinions on the side of those who support the Harvard Fund Council plan. If that is the case, they should be made known. It might also be suggested that the present Permanent Class Committee inquire further into the benefits of the insurance method before declaring it unsuitable for raising the additional sum to be set aside for the anniversary gathering.