SHOW SILHOUETTE FILM AT NEW FOGG

Two presentations Sponsored by the Cambridge School of Drama--Three Years Needed to Produce Film

After a series of three successful performances at Symphony Hall in Boston, the German silhouette film, "The Adventures of Prince Achmed," is to be shown twice on February 14 at the New Fogg Art Museum. The two presentations, sponsored by the Cambridge School of the Drama, are to be given at 2.30 and 8.30 o'clock.

The film, released by the University Film Foundation at Cambridge, was produced under the direction of Lotte Reiniger, famous German artist. Over three years were needed to produce the film, it being necessary to make more than 300,000 individual pictures to complete the film. The story and silhouettes combine to form an artistic achievement that has never been duplicated.

For the Cambridge School of the Drama, sponsors of "The Adventures of Prince Achmed," these presentations mark a departure from the field of legitimate drama, this film being its first venture into the field of motion pictures.

The story of the film is a fantastic combinations of the adventures of Prince Achmed and the fairy, Peri Banou, the adventures of Aladdin, the African magician, Princess Dinarzade and the wonderful lamp. They journey through the heavens, under the ocean, to lands east of the sun and west of the moon, where the spirits dwell. Hoards of black and white spirits battle in the air and are swallowed up by mountains, and cast forth later in clouds of fire. It is considered one of the most imaginative and artistic films produced in recent years.

Tickets for both performances will be on sale in the offices of the Cambridge School of Drama in the Rogers Building, or at Leavitt and Peirce's.