DELANO ELECTED HEAD OF ALUMNI

Clark is Renamed General Secretary and Treasurer--Three Men Elected to Nominating Committee.

Frederic A. Delano '85 of Washington, D. C., President of the American Civic Association and Chairman of the Regional Plan of New York and Environs, has been chosen President of the Harvard Alumni Association for the current year, to succeed Charles A. Coolidge '81, of Boston. The election took place last night at the annual October meeting of the director of the association.

Mr. Delano has twice been a member of the Board of Overseers of Harvard College, from 1905 to 1911 and from 1912 to 1918. From 1906 to 1911, he was a director of the Alumni Association and in 1911-12 he was a Vice-President.

McCoy is Vice-president

Walter I. McCoy '82, of Washington, D. C., chief justice of the supreme court of the District of Columbia, retired, President of the Harvard Club of Washington from 1923 to 1929, and a director of the Alumni Association, was elected Vice-President of the Alumni Association. Joseph R. Hamlen '04, Boston representative of the firm of Gunther-Law, President of the Harvard Alumni Bulletin, was also elected a Vice-President.

Henry C. Clark '11, of Cambridge, was reclected to the offices of General Secretary and Treasurer. Mr. Clark is also Treasurer of the Harvard Alumni Bulletin and Executive Secretary of the Harvard Endowment Fund.

Three members were chosen to serve three-year terms on the Committee on Nomination of Overseers, Directors of the Alumni Association and Members of the Harvard Fund Council. They are Clement B. Wood '98, lawyer, of Philadelphia, Channing Frothingham '02, physician, of Boston, and Roger Pierce '04, banker, of Milton. Samuel H. Wolcott '03, of Boston, already a member of the committee, was elected its chairman.