NEW ADAMS HOUSE UNIT WILL BE READY IN SPRING

MUSIC AND CONFERENCE ROOMS SPECIAL FEATURES

Progress on the dormitories rising on the site of the former Russell Hall is rapid, and contractors have announced that the connecting tunnel should be open by January 1, and the buildings be ready in the Spring, Associate Professor J. P. Baxter 3d, Master of the House, states.

Architects drawings are not yet available, and the sketch on exhibition in the common room is not a final one. The building in Georgian style, will be of five full stories, and a sixth gabled story containing four large double suites. The sloping roofs will be surmounted by a tower resembling that of Eliot House, with a cupola supported by eight pillars. No bell or clock has been planned for the tower.

Suites on the second floor will have larger windows, to balance those on the front of the dinning hall.

Special features of the building will be a conference room for meetings of the House Committee and other small groups, a ladies coat and dressing room for House entertainments, and a music room.

The Adams House tunnel, connecting all units of the House, will give students access under cover to the dining hall and to the swimming pool in Westmorly Hall. The pool has been fitted with a new filter, and is in use daily.