SOCCER TEAM SEASON STARTS WITH VICTORY

LACK OF TEAMWORK PREVENTS MORE DECISIVE WIN

After starting the 1931 season with a victory the University soccer team looks forward to a successful season. Although the score was not large, Harvard was obviously the better team. The low score is attributable to ragged playing showing a lack of team work.

Gummere of Harvard scored the first goal by a long kick from the middle of the field. The visitors kept the ball in Harvard's territory during the first quarter of the two 22-minute periods played. The rest of the game was played on Bridgewater territory. During the third period the visiting team staged a comeback scoring two goals within a few minutes. Harvard scored only one of three penalty kicks.

Cullen of Bridgewater and Captain Broadbent and Gummere played good games. Harvard was weakened by the loss of Frame '32, who was out because of an injured leg.

The next game is with Army at West Point on October 17. Until then there will be only a game with the graduates on Friday or Saturday. The new field for the benefit of the house teams has been completed, which is adjacent to the other fields.

The summary: HARVARD  BRIDGEWATER Powel, g.  g., Nardelli Catinella, l.b.  r.b., Sprasklin Wemple, r.b.  l.b., Lowder Wight, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Borgolan Waters, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Stanley Streeter, r.h.b.  l.h.b., White Baxter, o.l.  o.r., Ciccone Moskin, i.l.  i.r., Carreiro Gummere, c.f.  c.f., Cullen Broadbent, i.r.  i.l., Nagle Schumacher, o.r.  o.l., Shockley

Score--Harvard 4, Bridgewater 2. Goals--Gummere 2, Moskin 1, Broadbent 1, Stanley 1, Cullen 1. Referee--Mills. Time--Two 22-minute periods.