CANDIDATES FOR CRIMSON MAY EMPLOY SPARE TIME

GAIN FAMILIARITY WITH INSIDE MACHINERY OF UNIVERSITY

To many undergraduates considering coming out for CRIMSON competitions, one of which is to commence next Monday evening, there arise two questions: The first is. "How much of my time will it take?" Second, "What is the value of the competition?" To the first of these questions this article is written as an answer.

Students considering coming out for the CRIMSON should, in this period of nearly a week before the competition begins, estimate the amount of time that they wastes each day. The time everyone wastes each day is turned by CRIMSON candidates into an extra-curricular activity that is unique for Harvard student. To men thinking of coming out for the CRIMSON, the urge in made that in the coming week you make a test of yourself, and see how efficient a unit of undergraduate participation, academic, athletic, and otherwise, you are.

How many undergraduates go through their Harvard experience with no knowledge of the extent of the plant in the midst of which they are situated? How many students in the College have ever penetrated into any one of the Law School Buildings? How many students can name all the buildings in the Yard? Who are the group of undergraduates interested in debating? in dramatics? in flying? in politics? in languages?

CRIMSON candidacy does not prevent a man from being academically or athletically active and sound. It drains not on the time now spent on these pursuits but rather on the mass of time that is now being wasted. It teaches, in addition to a firm grasp of English and correct and clear grammar, the ability to see what goes on, to diagnose what happens, to think accurately, in order to get the facts well set in mind, and the absolutely unguided use of initiative in asking pertinent questions.