SELECT COMMITTEE FOR 1935 TEA DANCE

Harvard First-Year Men Able to Obtain Tickets for Eli Freshmen--Is First Affair of Its Kind

Plans for the Freshman Tea Dance to be held in the Union after the Harvard Yale football game on November 21 from 5 to 7 o'clock advanced last night with the announcement by R.R. Borden, Jr. (Wigglesworth), dance chairman, of his complete committee and the permission for first year men to obtain tickets for Yale freshmen.

In addition to Borden's immediate committee of D. B. Bates (Hollis), E. F. Bowditch (Massachusetts), C. K. Howard (Straus), R. A. Kidder (Holworthy), all members of the 1935 Union Committee, the following ten men have been appointed to assist in the preparations for the first freshman affair of its kind and to usher:

W. D. Boardman (Mower) of Boston; R. S. Brookings (Matthews) of Alexandria, Va.; R. B. Cutler (Holworthy) of Needham; J. E. Hollis (Wigglesworth) of Boston; L. Howland (Wigglesworth) of New Bedford; W. F. Ladd (Wigglesworth) of New York City; T. F. Locke (Straus) of Boston; A. S. Pier (Thayer) of New York City; T. H. P. Whitney (Holworthy) of Boston; and C. F. Woodard (Massachusetts) of Boston.

Guests Stay for Dinner

Tickets for the dance will go on sale next week, the price being $1.50 for couples and $1.00 for stags. Permission has been granted by the authorities to keep the dining hall open after the tea dance's closing hour, 7 o'clock, in order that the members of the Class of 1935 may entertain their families and feminine guests at dinner. The dining hall set-up will not be disturbed by the arrangements, dancing being confined to the east Commons Rooms while refreshments are served in the Upstairs Common Room.