DRAMATIC CLUB GIVES FIRST PLAY OF SEASON

WELL-KNOWN LITERARY FIGURES PORTRAYED

Appearing in their first production of the season, members of the Harvard Dramatic Club, assisted by the Radcliffe Idler Society, will give "Charles and Mary" by Joan Temple as their annual winter production. The first performance of this play is tonight at 8.20 o'clock in Brattle Hall, and it will be given tomorrow and Friday night also at the same time and place. All three presentations will be followed by dancing until 1 o'clock.

The play is being directed by Edward Massey '15, who has helped the Club produce several dramas in the last few years. In presenting "Charles and Mary" the Club is portraying on the stage some of the great literary figures of the early nineteenth century, such as Lamb, Coleridge, and Wordsworth.

The president of the club this year is J. F. Joyce '32, who takes the part of the hero, Charles Lamb. Mary Lamb, his dependent sister, is being taken by Jane Mast of the Idler Society, who has been cast in many other Dramatic Club plays. G. E. Mottla '32, William West '32, and O. V. Wooten, are vice-president, treasurer, and secretary respectively of the organization. The Club will elect new officers in the next few weeks and will soon start work on the spring play.

Tickets for the performances can be obtained at the Harvard Cooperative Society, Leavitt and Peirce, Herrick's and at 42 Brattle Street. They will cost $2 and $1.50 each.

Others participating in the play are: Rosemary McHugh, H. G. Hutchinson '34, Emeline Hill, Barbara Wertheim, W. S. Burrage '33, Hettye Jeane Crocker, Charles Sedgwick '34. W. B. Cudahy '34, D. K. Brown '33, J. C. Cort '35, Edwina Margulis, Marie Driscoll.