It Might

THE PRESS

Yale hockey and swimming teams have been consistent winners. The basketball teams have not been overly successful, but they were far from poor. With three prominent sports the Winner season should not be dull. Athletic interest should not experience a sharp decline. But it usually does.

If Instead of going to movies, more undergraduates would go to games, interest would soon pick up. Half the kick of being a fan is to follow a team from its early training period to the end of the season. Watching the development and learning the traits of the players is the part of following a sport. An odd game in the middle of a season offers small excitement to a casual spectator. It means a lot to any one who knows the team.

Consistent support is of great value to the players. It is one of the most powerful incentives to win. It often makes the difference between a mediocre team and a winner. It might make a lot of difference at Yale.

There are arguments enought why students might go to more games in the Winter term. The best and most selfish motive is to have something good to do. It is easy to get sick of shows, but one never gets tired of following a team once interest had been sincerely awakened. --Yale News