CLASH WITH M.I.T. USHERS IN HOCKEY SEASON TONIGHT

After Short Pre-Season Workout, Coach Stubbs Will Test Three Lines--15 Men Due to Dress for Game

Four lettermen will start in the opening clash of the hockey season tonight when the Harvard stickmen meet M.I.T. at 8.30 o'clock in the Boston Garden. P. de B. deGive '34 former Freshman goal tender, will fill the place of Haywood Ellis '31, last year's captain; W. C. Everett '33 at left wing is the other newcomer in the Crimson's ranks.

Coach Joseph Stubbs '20 will probably try out three forward lines in this first test of his new material which has only had a few days' practice, against an aggregation which the Crimson sextet overwhelmed by a 7 to 2 score last year. Technology, although possessing a veteran trio of forwards, is not expected to push the Harvard team very hard.

Robert Saltonstall '33, J. W. Putnam '33, and Ian Baldwin '33 will form the second string forward line which should see plenty of action this evening. For a third line Coach Stubbs plans to send on the ice two Sophomores and a Junior: Benjamin Beale '34, W. L. Hasler '34, and C. C. Pell '33.

R. H. Martin '34 and F. H. Gleason '34 make up Harvard's defense replacements. For spare goalies Matthew Hale '32 and C. E. Ware '34 are available. The fifteen men mentioned above are all who will be dressed to play, but there are about ten more who are still retained on the University squad, and there will probably be a shakeup after enough time has elapsed to permit an adequate judgment as to the capabilities of the respective players.

The Engineers are not likely to upset the Harvard sextet which is really out of their class, but the game will be well worth seeing if only as an opener for both teams. Yesterday morning Tech scrimmaged with Northeastern, after which Coach Duplin selected his starting lineup