HARVARD RUGBY TEAM TO MEET YALE, PRINCETON

AMERICA TO HAVE RUGBY TEAM AT OLYMPICS IN 1932

With the announcement that Harvard and Princeton will meet in a rugby-football match on Saturday, April 4, another step has been taken in the reestablishment of athletic relations between the two universities. The game will take place at Cambridge and will be followed by a return match at Princeton, on Saturday, May 9.

The success of the sport, which was introduced last year at Harvard by T. J. Jarman, at that time a Davison scholar at the University, is indicated by the rapidity with which other universities are taking it up. This year the University of Chicago is recruiting for a team, together with the universities of Syracuse and Pennsylvania. In the near future a meeting of Harvard undergraduates interested in the sport will be held here, at which a team will be organized, and the theory of the game will be explained.

T. P. Fry, of Brisbane, Australia, and a graduate of Oxford University, who, is now a graduate law student at the University, is in charge of the development of the sport for the coming year. He will shortly make a trip to New York to investigate the possibilities of incorporating college teams into the American Rugby-football Association, which plans to send an American team to the Olympic Games in 1932. According to Fry, the possibilities of the game are unlimited, since it requires players of varying sizes and weights, obviates serious injuries, and provides unlimited sport and exercise.