LANGMUIR WILL DISCUSS MODEL ASSEMBLY TODAY

Council President to Speak Tonight at Lowell House--Group Meets First on March 6

Tonight at 7.30 o'clock in the Tutors' Common Room of Lowell House. A. D. Langmuir '31, president of the Council of the Model Assembly of the League of Nations, will give a detailed description of the coming assembly to be held at Wellesley College on March 6 and 7.

The Harvard delegation is in charge of D. H. Popper '32. Harvard will represent Czechoslovakia and India at the assembly. Harvard students may be delegates of any other country they choose, but if they do not choose Czechoslovakia or India, they will have to join the delegation of the college representing the country of their preference.

This will be the fourth of the Annual Model Assemblies, and the plans for this year's meetings are more complex than those of any of the past ones. A very successful meeting is expected.

At present it is planned to hold six Model Committee meetings, on March 6. Hearings will be held on, British Action in Palestine. Intellectual Cooperation, and Opium. The problems and methods of reaching solutions will be rigorously copied from actual League procedure. On March 7 there will be a Model Plenary session, in which the two or three best reports of the day before will be presented by Raporteurs. Owing to the controversial nature of these subjects, the delegates will have a chance to put forth their country's points of view. In the afternoon a more formal session will convene to study the problematic United States of Europe.