LOWELL HOUSE MEETING INITIATES RUGBY SEASON

Thirty-five Hear Hammond and Fry Explain Game--Indoor Practice to Start in One Week

Last night the first official rugby meeting of the year took place in the Lowell House common room. As over 35 candidates reported it is possible that two Lowell House teams may be made up. Among the football men who turned out were A. W. Huguley '31 and J. N. Trainer '31.

Mason Hammond, head tutor of Lowell, who formerly played on the Baliol team, opened the meeting by commending rugby as a game for inter-house competition. T. P. Fry grL. followed with a talk on the intra-mural and college games planned, as well as an explanation of the fundamental rules of rugby.

Inside practice on scrum and passing will start in about one week. The season of outside games opens on April 4 with the Princeton game and closes with the Yale encounter at an undetermined date in the beginning of May.

Committee is Named

The following committee of five men was appointed to run the Lowell House rugby: W. D. Carter '31, T. P. Fry grL. A. W. Huguley '31, John Irving 1G. J. N. Trainer '31. Meetings for the Gold Coast, Dunster House, and Yard teams are to be held respectively this evening at 7 o'clock in 136 Westmorley, tomorrow evening at 7 o'clock in the Dunster House common room, and Monday evening at 7 o'clock in 60 Thayer Hall.

The Harvard University Rugby Club, which holds its first meeting early in March, hopes that a team of football men will be made up to meet their own fifteen.