RESEARCH FUNDS ARE ALLOTTED TO 24 HARVARD MEN

Annual Rockefeller Foundation Grant for Work of Harvard--Group Headed by C. H. Moore Names Recipients

Twenty-four grants have been made to Harvard professors from the appropriation of the General Education Board for Studies of the Humanities, according to an announcement made at University Hall Saturday. This board, which is a division of the Rockefeller Foundation at New York, annually allots a sum of money to support and further investigation in literature to colleges all over the country. Harvard is at present receiving $50,000 a year for five years.

The allotment at Harvard was made by a committee made up of five members of the faculty in charge of professor C. H. Moore '89.

The list of grants follows:

Mr. Huntington Brown, for the publication of a book on Studies in English Grotesque Satire; Professors Arthur Burkhard, for the publication of a book on "The German Sense of Form"; S. H. Cross, for making a study of the History of Russian literature of the Kiev Period; Mr. T. F. Currier, for the completion of a Bibliography of John Greenleaf Whittier; Professors W. S. Ferguson, for the publication of "The Treasurers of Athena"; J. D. M: Ford, for the publication of a Bibliography of Cervantes, for continuing his work of the Harvard Council on Hispano-American Studies, for the preparation of a Grammar of Old French.

Mr. Marcel Francon, to aid him in the preparation of an edition of "The Poetry of Marguerite d'Autriche"; Professor Charles H. Grandgent, (for Division of Modern Languages) for the publication of Studies and Notes in Philology and Literature, for a new edition of Dante's Divina Commedia; Professor W. C. Greene, for the completion of the book "The Achievement of Rome"; C. N. Greenough, for further work on the "Bibliography of Prose Fiction"; C. B. Gulick, for Harvard Studies in Classical Philology.

Professor John Livingston Lowes, for the collection into one or two volumes of articles on Chaucer, for the preparation of a book on Chaucer, for the completion of Gutch Memorandum Book of Samuel Taylor Coleridge, and for the continued investigation of manuscript in Harvard College Library at first thought to be Byron's; Mr. D. M. Little, Jr., for obtaining photostats of original letters and manuscripts by or relating to David Garrick.

Professors F. P. Magoun, Jr., for aid in editing the Historia de Preliis Alexandri Magni, recension, J-3; John Tucker Murray, (for the Department of English) for a volume in the series of Harvard Studies in English; C. R. Post, for aid in gathering further material for the fourth volume of "History of Spanish Painting"; E. K. Rand, for assistance on Volume H of "A Survey of the Manuscripts of Tours", on a book on Virgil's influence on later literature, on an edition of Ovid's Metamorphoses, on a volume to succeed "Founders of the Middle Ages", and on an edition of the Opuscula Sacra of Boethius.

Mr. M. I. Raphael, for the publication of a Rumanian Grammar and Chrestomathy; Professor George B. Weston, to aid in the preparation for publication of a two-volume collection of Italian Satirists of the Seventeenth Century: Dean A. F. Whittem, for consulting, in France and Spain, works of certain French and Spanish fabulists, or material concerning them; Assistant Dean G. K. Zipf. for the publication of results of investigation of Pekingese Chinese, and for further work in obtaining data for an article on Syntax and Semantic Change and a contemplated volume on the relativity of human speech.